“What a Glorious Morning! Makes me sick!” Yes, that’s right it’s Halloween weekend and we recently visited Salem, Massachusetts to take you on a tour of the filming sites of my favorite Halloween movie, Hocus Pocus. Salem is the cutest little town! The locals are very enthusiastic about the witchery, so as soon as you step in the town you are immediately taken back in time. I can’t help but wonder every year when I see this movie what Sarah Jessica Parker thinks of this role she played. Either way, it would have never been the same without her!
If you follow my insta stories, a few weeks ago you may have viewed this mini tour live! It was so fun seeking out all of the locations, but be aware if you are taking this tour on your own some of the locations are pretty spread out so be sure to give yourself enough time. Hocus Pocus was filmed between Salem and LA studios so here are the locations I was able to capture from the trip!
- Max and Dani’s House- 4 Ocean Ave., Salem, MA-
- Max and Dani just moved to town and check out this adorable home they are living in!! I have to be honest, it was much smaller in person than I thought it would be, but it’s still just as charming and cute. Also, to my surprise it is right on the ocean! I would have never guess that from the movie.
- Old Burial Hill Cemetery-
- A welcome to the new town isn’t the same without an encounter with the town’s bullies. This cemetery is where Max gets his nickname “Hollywood” and these bullies snatch his new pair of kicks! Welcome to Salem!
- Salem Old Town Hall: 32 Derby Square Salem, MA –
- The Salem Old Town Hall which is the actual town hall of the city. The building is nestled in the center of Salem in a beautiful square with shops and restaurants around. The building now serves as a museum of the history of the witch hysteria. You would have view this building in Hocus Pocus as the location for the parents costume party.
- Allison’s House-The Ropes Mansion, 318 Essex St., Salem, MA
- Down the street from the Town Hall, you arrive at the stunning Ropes Mansion. You can actually schedule a tour through the mansion. We were crunched for time so we didn’t get to. (I guess we have to go back!) You might recognize this mansion as the home of Allison, Max’s crush. Dani, Max’s sister does what any little sister would do and embarrasses Max by telling Allison how much Max likes her “Yabbos” Ouch… Major Blush moment.
- Philips Elementary School- 61 S Washington Square, Salem, MA
- Arriving several blocks down the street you’ll find Philips Elementary School. This is the location of the school scenes in the movie. Across the street is a large park and that’s where Allison completely rejects Max by giving him a note with his number on it. The school’s iconic moment is when Allison, Max, Dani, and Binx lure the Sanderson sisters into an oven where they think they’ve defeated the sisters for good… Spoiler Alert: It may not be the end just yet.
- The Pioneer Village–
- The Pioneer Village is the location of Thackery Binx’s village in the opening scenes of the movie. You’ll also remember this iconic location as this is the places where the Sanderson sisters were hung, but right before the hanging Winifred made sure they would come back as soon as a virgin lights the black flame candle.
Ahhhhhh you guys! I have my computer back! Praying, praying that it’s actually fixed. What a nightmare it is when basically your whole job and life is on your computer and you don’t have it for a week. Now, I have lots to get caught up on, but first.. Coffee. Really.. I need lots of coffee.
What are you dressing up for this Halloween? Be sure to check out my easy last minute Halloween Costume if you still need an idea! I hope you have a “spooktacular” weekend!