*This post is sponsored by Guardian Storage. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that support Afternoon Espresso.
Our little bebe is getting so big and growing up. It’s not a lie when people warn you about how fast time goes with littles. I actually caught myself the other day replying to someone, “I have a newborn.” (Yes, I’m sure I was making up some excuse as to why I look tired during this convo haha). Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I don’t have a newborn anymore. I can’t believe Charlie is 9 months old. What’s even crazier to me is that I’m already starting to plan her first birthday. I don’t even know how that happened. Aside from all of those sad realities, the one thing that has crushed me the most is packing away all of Charlie’s clothes and toys that she’s grown out of.
See some tips for Properly Storing Baby Clothes and Toys below!
The hat in the photo above was from the hospital along with that blanket. It was the first blanket she was ever swaddled in. There was also the bow swaddle we had monogrammed for her pictures. <Insert all of the water works because the tears are flowing>. Then I found our favorite little gown and to think of how teeny, tiny our little peanut was!! How did it go by so fast, when I remember her delivery like it happened yesterday.
How to Properly Store Baby Clothes
- 1. Clean Clothing/Washable Toys – This is definitely a step you don’t want to miss! Be sure to clean all items prior to going into storage. I’ve learned it’s easy to miss some food buried down in the crevices of your baby’s Bumbo seat. You don’t want to deal with moldy who knows what when you go to use these items again.
- 2. Organize by Size/Type – I find that it’s best to store things in an organized manner. This way, when I go to sort through everything again, I can easily grab sizing or items that I need. First, I sort by season and then I sort by size. I also keep like items together; bedding, blankets, toys, etc.
- 3. Plastic Tubs – Plastic tubs will help ensure your precious keepsakes are kept safe so nothing can get to them.
- 4. Label Everything – Another organizing necessity is properly labeling everything. This step just makes your life easier later on when you want to know what’s in a tub. It eliminates the guessing game and the need to physically go through each piece of tiny clothing!
- 5. Store at your Local Guardian Storage – The downside to putting all of your keepsakes in tubs is the amount of space the tubs take up, which is why it’s best to store them at an outside storage unit like Guardian Storage. The individual units are immaculately kept, climate controlled and fully secured, which gives me complete peace of mind knowing my belongings are safe and sound. You can find a list of all the Pittsburgh locations here.
Guardian Storage is now up to 17 locations in the Pittsburgh area, and just scored the award for Best of the Best in the storage category by readers as part of the Washington Observer-Reporter Inaugural People Choice Awards.
Here is a helpful video on how you can choose the perfect unit for you!
Shop Our Outfit Details:
Head to Guardian Storage to learn more about how you can store your precious items! If you have any questions or need help with the process, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me!
Photos by Julie Kahlbaugh