Last year, I made these darling little Christmas Tree Brownies for treats to send to Joey and his Coworkers! I thought they were so cute that I would do a little video this year to share with you guys! They are super simple and a fun way to transform a baking staple to a festive sweet treat!
Christmas Tree Brownies
- Box of your favorite brownie mix
- Candy Canes (I used the old time one)
- Icing (store bought red and green- or basic recipe- butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, food coloring)
- Bake brownies in a 9X13 pan per directions on the box.
- While your brownies are baking go ahead and prep the icing.
- I combined 1 stick of butter with 2 cups of powdered sugar, and 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- The other option would be to just buy red and green pre made frosting.
- Honestly, do what works best for your schedule.
- If you make your own, split it up in two bowls.
- Add red food coloring to one and green the other until the color you want appears.
- Set aside.
- Cut brownies into triangles lay on a flat surface.
- Using a piping bag pipe a fun little garland across or cover the entire brownie.
- Sprinkle the colorful dots.
- Break the ends of the candy canes.
- Stick them in the bottom of each brownie to look like the base.
- You can get creative- add a star to the top or other colored icings!