Oh pumpkin bread with chocolate chips was so delicious, I wanted to get creative and make another type of bread. I love baking breads during the Fall because they are so easy and make for the perfect addition to breakfast for sweet treat. Today’s creation is a super moist pumpkin apple bread with a cinnamon oatmeal streusel oh my….
Adding apples to my pumpkin bread recipe really took this bread over the top and I honestly believe it’s my favorite bread yet!
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 can Pumpkin Puree (15 Oz.)
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Granny smith apple (peeled and chopped in 1 inch cubes)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl except the sugar (flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon).
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, eggs, water, oil)
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredient mixture until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans, and butter. Using a pastry cutter mix the ingredients until they are the size of small peas.
- Grease a baking pan (9X4) and pour the bread mixture about half way full. This recipe should yield two loaves of bread.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon oatmeal mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
- TIP: Once the bread is cooked, remove from the pan and fully wrap the loaf in foil. This will ensure that extra moist bread we know and love! Be careful- the bread is HOT!!
I always love making treats for my friends and family. Here is a cute little DIY for these bags plus my secret tip on how to keep any bread super moist!