What an amazing long weekend it was! It was so amazing, that I took an extra day to make it an even longer weekend! At almost 29 weeks, I’m definitely getting to the point where my body is starting to need more rest again. Our family and friends threw Baby P her baby shower over the weekend and if you didn’t see a glimpse of any of it on my instastories you definitely missed out. It was the dreamiest baby shower I could have ever imagined. I DO plan on doing a baby shower reveal for you guys, just in case you did miss it. It is just too beautiful not to share. Baby P is so loved already. My heart feels so full!
I always use Memorial Day weekend as the unofficial start of Summer! With that being said, there are a few Summer essentials you need to own!
1. Updated Denim Jacket –
- I’m calling this the updated denim jacket because it’s a boyfriend jacket, which is a more casual baggy jacket. You need this for those cooler evenings, sitting on the porch, beach, or out by the bond fire to toss over anything you could be wearing. This one is only $88 and I’m completely in love with it!
2. Basic Tees-
- Basic Tees are an absolute summer must have. I either have two styles in the summer and that is effortless and casual or super feminine with a darling sundress. The casual vibe needs a basic tee. You guys know how much I love Madewell V-neck tees and the Free People Rising Sun Tee because they are longer, but I also fell in love with an updated version of a basic tee like this little ruffle peplum version.
3. Affordable Sunnies-
- Summer is such a busy time of year for us- we are grabbing and going whether we are outside for a nice workout or off to a friends BBQ. The last thing I want to worry about is losing or crushing an expensive pair of sunnies. Don’t get me wrong, I have a few pairs that are on the pricier side, but for the most part, the majority of my sunglasses are under $20. These Urban Outfitters sunglasses are nice quality and there are many options for that price point so you don’t have to feel guilty if something happens to them! If you can make it all summer without a scratch, it makes for an even better $20 well spent!
4. Crossbody Bag-
- You guys know I love a good handbag. I can’t resist myself- it’s the one area I definitely don’t mind taking the splurge on if I’m totally in love. I’ve been wanting this Gucci Soho Disco bag forever now, and I finally made the purchase this year. It’s been well worth it. A crossbody bag is perfect for traveling and the on the go lifestyle during the warmer months. I don’t want to have to carry around a huge bag full of things I don’t need right now. (HA — I better enjoy that before Baby P makes her arrival. I have a feeling for the first few months I’m going to have a lot of things to carry around with me.) For the meantime, I’m going to embrace these little cross body bags! This J.Crew Version is under $100 and has the same shape and look of the Gucci if you aren’t ready to splurge!
5. White Denim
- I’m pretty sure I’ve added white denim into every one of my essentials posts! Can you tell I think EVERYONE needs a pair of white denim?! They are a year round essential. I don’t always wear shorts during the summer time because in PA it just doesn’t get that hot. We have SOME hot days, but it’s never unbearable, so you know I’m pulling out my favorite jeans. I won’t lie, I can’t wear white denim without getting a spot on them, but I usually have good luck with it coming out!
- There are a few go to’s for white jeans I can rely on, depending on your price point. I would say if you want a budget friendly version I recommend the Articles of Society version. Great quality for the price. If you want to splurge, I would 100% go with the AG Denim Skinnies. I have the maternity version, I love them so much! They are worth every single penny. The quality is amazing and they are beyond comfortable. If you are looking for a middle of the road pair these Madewell Skinnies are the perfect quality and price point!
Boyfriend Jacket // Ruffled Tee // AG Maternity Denim (Non-Maternity Version) Budget Friendly Version // Valentino Dupes (Valentino Version) // Urban Outfitters Sunnies // Gucci Disco Bag (Similar Under $100) // J.Crew Link Bracelet
Did I miss anything? Comment below with the ONE summer essential you can’t live without! Mom’s please feel free to chime in, too!
Photography by Julie Kahlbaugh