One of the things I love so much about the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is it’s the best time to stock up on some of those closet staples. These are pieces that you are going to wear year after year, which in my opinion are the best pieces of clothing to buy! I’m sharing my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Closet Staple Items I purchased in previous years that you can still buy this year on sale.
Anniversary Sale: Closet Staple Items
- 1. Caslon Utility Jacket- A utility jacket is an absolute must for me. I can’t tell you how much use I’ve gotten out this jacket. You can wear it casually like I am here or toss it on over a cute dress, or pair it with a skirt and tee. It’s a really great piece to take you from cooler summer evenings well into Spring! This year there is a camo version and a hooded version. I also like this one a lot!
- 2. AG The Legging Ankle Super Skinny Jeans – I admit these jeans are a bit of a splurge (even on sale), but I will be honest and tell you they are worth it. I have way too many jeans to count and I probably only wear 5 pairs of them- these are one of those 5. They have the perfect amount of stretch and I think the color is a versatile shade that literally goes with anything.
- 3. BP Tee Shirts – I always, always restock my BP tees because they are such a good price and I wear them throughout the year. I like to grab short sleeve, long sleeves for layering, and this Sleepy Tee for an oversized Lounge look.
4. Marc Fisher LTD OSHAY Pointed Toe Boot- I bought these boots last year on the sale and I’m so happy they returned! I also have them in black leather. Honestly, these are such an ideal bootie to have this Fall! The heel is the perfect height and the shoe is just really good quality. They are on sale for $99 and after the sale they are $189! I think I’m going to buy the Cognac this year also.
5. Spanx Faux Leather Leggings- Truly. Truly. A must have item. These leggings are the most comfortable leggings I have! I get SO MUCH wear out of them. It took me a few years to buy them and I haven’t looked back. I’ve owned the same pair for two years now and they are still in perfect shape. I don’t need to replace them at all. You can also dress these up with a cute sweater and heeled bootie or wear them super casually which is exactly why this item is most certainly a closet staple for me! Right now they are $64 ($98 after the sale) BP has a faux leather pair for $28. I might buy them just to see how they compare, but as it stands- I think the Spanx are the best option!
6. Madewell Denim Jacket– I think this is my number 1 closet staple item. I actually have way too many, but I never not NEED a denim jacket. This year Madewell came out with a darker version that is longer and oversized, so I thought it was worth sharing with you! Versatile- layer over sweaters, tees, leggings, dresses, etc. etc.
7. White Sneaker- Everyone needs a good white sneaker. I’m in love with these Cole Han Grandpro Lowtop Sneakers and the darling scalloped edges! Nordstrom has several really good pairs!
8. Barefoot Dreams Cardigan – Full disclosure- the cardigan I’m wearing in this photo is not Barefoot Dreams- it’s actually from a local boutique called No. 14 Boutique from last year! I wanted to share this look with you because Nordstrom has the cutest Barefoot Dreams cardigan this year very similar to this and it comes in several colors. If you’ve been around here for a while, I love this brand so much. It is a little pricey, so that’s why I make sure I buy it when it goes on sale.
9. Barefoot Dreams Cozy Chic Throw Blanket– I know this is not exactly a closet staple item, but it’s 100% a must on my list. I guess I could technically argue its a closet staple because I do use these blankets every day! Our whole family does, which is why I’ll be buying the In the Wild Throw if it doesn’t sell out. I know the brand is a little pricey, but honestly these things are worth it. They are so soft and cozy. I actually have a Barefoot Dreams Robe that I use daily in the Fall/Winter months. Every morning, I like to cuddle up with my blanket and coffee. Charlie and I “argue” over who is getting the blanket. By argue, I mean she takes it from me everyday and usually wins.
You can check out my other 2020 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale posts: